The Art and Craft of Diplomacy
PD News headlines this week showcased the convening powers of art and cultural diplomacy. South Korea will be the “guest of honor nation” at this year’s Bruckner Linz Music Festival in Austria, continuing the festival’s efforts to “expand cultural exchange with other countries,” while in Canada, a new arts venue seeks to enrich the “cultural bridge between China and Canada” by increasing the presence of Chinese art and culture. Other headlines looked at the public diplomacy impact of literature and art festivals in Cuba, Senegal and Russia.
- A New Base for Chinese Art in Metro Vancouver—Vancouver Sun
- After Art Biennale, Philippines Joins 15th Venice Architecture Biennale for the first time--Interaksyon
- Antiquities Offer Insight into China's Art of Diplomacy with New Zealand—Xinhua
- Performances and Jam Sessions Break the Ice during First U.S. Cultural Mission to Cuba—Miami Herald
- S. Korea Named 'Guest of Honor' at This Year's Bruckner Linz Music Festival—Global Post
- Shakespeare 400th anniversary: Russia celebrates British literature—International Business Times
- The First Black Arts Festival Was Shaped by Cold War Politics—The Wire
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Marty Hadding | CC BY-NC 2.0