From scapegoating and vitriolic anti-immigrant rhetoric to loss of confidence in long-standing international institutions such as NATO, the United Nations and even the European Union, it seems that there is disturbing...KEEP READING
Artistic Expression: A Tool for Public Diplomacy
This week’s PD News headlines illustrated how artistic expression can help build stronger relationships and increase a state's cultural visibility. A Broadway play about the Oslo Accords debuts in London next week, while the Ministry of Culture in India worked with Myanmar to host the “Festival of India” in Mandalay. Other articles looked at George Balanchine’s use of ballet to connect the U.S. and the Soviet Union during the Cold War, the record number of attendees at Edinburgh International Festival and churches embracing streetwear.
- Oslo Remembered: The Gentle Art of Diplomacy – The Jewish Times
- Taking the Mudras to Myanmar – The New Indian Express
- George Balanchine: The Public Diplomat Beyond the Ballet Master – CPD Blog
- Record Numbers Attend Edinburgh Fringe and International Festival – BBC News
- From Hypebeast to Hyperpriest: Why the Church is Embracing Streetwear – The Guardian
- Regional NGO Helps Arab Artists Gain Wider Exposure – The Jordan Times
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.