Community, Culture and Public Diplomacy
This week in public diplomacy, news headlines revealed how nation states and NGOs utilize cultural diplomacy to strengthen ties with foreign publics. From music diplomacy in the Middle East to sports and culinary exchanges between Cuba, Mexico and the United States, we saw how soft power initiatives could encourage cross-cultural dialogue, improve diplomatic relations and promote peace.
- Despite Bombs and Bullets, These Men Made Music and Drama In Afghanistan and Sarajevo – The Daily Beast
- Sodexo Officer Looks to Practice ‘Culinary Diplomacy’ – Roll Call
- Syrian Transplant Spreading harmony with Pianos for Peace – The Atlanta Journal
- UN to 'Throw Away its Sins' at First Ever Tashlich Ceremony - The Jerusalem Post
- What Are Conflict Cafes and Can They Actually Change the World? - Eater
- What Skaters Can teach Us about U.S.-Cuba Diplomacy – PBS
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Ross Pollack | CC BY-NC-SA 2.0