As Confucius said in around 500 BC, "When it is obvious that the goal cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." This is just what China began to do a decade ago, in embracing the concept of soft...KEEP READING
Creating global connections via cultural diplomacy
This week's PD News headlines looked at how cultural diplomacy is connecting global communities. Beijing is welcoming comedians from all over the world to headline shows, including a Fulbright scholar from Boston and a comedian from South Africa, while India’s youth are being inspired by Korean entertainment and food. Other headlines looked at a Taiwanese television show being broadcast in El Salvador, China and Germany's commitment to establishing a cultural exchange, and the soft power potential of anime to increase tourism to Japan.
- Straight outta Beijing: stand up comedy is alive and booming in China - The Interro Bang
- China, Germany agree to establish high-level cultural exchange mechanism - Xinhua News
- Food to lingo, India goes on a K-trip - The Times of India
- Japan's anime power - Asia One
- Taiwanese TV drama to be broadcast in El Salvador - Focus Taiwan
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.