This week's PD News roundup explores some of the many ways in which culture is being used by nations as a means of attraction. The Civilizations Forum, which looks at culture's role as an asset for soft power and economic...KEEP READING
Diplomacy Through The Arts
This week's PD News headlines explored the arts as an important tool in cultural diplomacy. A New York City theatre festival is focused on introducing American audiences to Georgian playwrights, while an international exchange program between New Zealand and Korea highlights the two countries' artistic and cultural backgrounds. Other headlines explored an exhibit featuring Indian textiles in Kyrgyzstan, a new visitors pass allowing foreigners to experience Egyptian archaeology and museums, and an artistic exchange sending U.S. students to Sweden.
- Amman Opera: Zeina Barhoum Rises to the Occasion at Performance of Verdi’s La Traviata - Al Bawaba
- 'Cairo Pass' available for foreigners to visit all archaeological sites in Cairo and Giza - Ahram Online
- Conflict, exile, uprising: Arab art from the modern to the contemporary - Santa Fe New Mexican
- Exhibition of Indian textile to be held in Bishkek - AKI Press
- New York festival introduces prominent Georgian playwrights to US audience - Agenda
- Te Arawa group to perform at Korean festivals - Rotorua Daily Post
- The Soap Factory Announces Artists Participating In International Residency Exchange Program - Broadway World
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.