China, the United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, and Russia are now known globally for their economic strength. But what about their cultures? These states are much more than just their GDPs, and increasingly, they are attempting...KEEP READING
Global Influence Through Soft Power
This week's PD News headlines report that both China and the United Kingdom used foreign aid to curry soft power, while India and the United States employed educational and cultural exchanges to strengthen their influence abroad.
- China Building Soft Power Through Foreign Aid - China Times
- Michael Fallon: Use Foreign Aid To Deter Mass Migration - The Telegraph
- Liu Challenges University Leaders - China Daily
- UN's Decision to Mark Yoga Day Shows India's Soft Power: Swaraj - Press Trust of India
- Uganda On The Beat: Suzi Analogue’s Beatmaking Notes From Kampala - OkayAfrica
- Britain Deploys Soft Power Against Isis - Financial Times
- Qatar Eyes Fast Track to Soft Power with Formula One stake - The Guardian
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.