Non-State Actors Taking the Lead in Global Aid
This week's PD News headlines focused on the influence of non-state actors in advocacy and public diplomacy campaigns. Bill Gates, a strong opponent of the Trump’s administration plan to cut foreign aid, met with President Trump at the White House, while Google announced a donation of $50M for twenty education nonprofits over the next two years. Other stories explored a social media campaign that raised $1M to deliver humanitarian aid to Somalia, and on the eve of the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, the UN human rights chief urged governments to target hate speech.
- US Efforts to Counter ISIS Require Multilateralism and a Strong United Nations - Huffington Post
- Google.org Announces $50M for Education and Tech - Devex
- Bill Gates, Opponent of Plan to Cut Foreign Aid, Meet With President Trump - Forbes
- UN Rights Chief Urges Governments to Target Hate Speech - UN News Centre
- Celebrity Social Media Push to Help Somalia Goes Viral - Al Jazeera
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.