Out of the Ordinary Diplomacy
This week's PD News stories focused on non-traditional public diplomacy tools. Former basketball star Dennis Rodman offers to ease tensions between the U.S. and North Korea, and Nigeria uses music to reach global audiences. Other coverage highlighted Taiwan for sharing its famous stinky tofu with Washington, D.C. and a new art exhibit in Los Angeles that explores Cuban society's use of apps, projections and installations.
- How NBA Star Dennis Rodman Came to Stand between the World and Nuclear War - The Guardian
- Afrobeats Diplomacy: Using Music as a Potent Diplomatic Tool - The Guardian
- Taiwan’s Stinky Tofu Makes its Debut in Washington’s Smithsonian Museum - Taiwan News
- Cuban New Media Art Explored in New ESMoA Exhibit - The Beach Reporter
- Culinary Diplomacy: Modi Wants More Japanese Restaurants in India - The Statesman
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.