Koichi Iwabuchi, a professor of media and cultural studies and director of the Asia Institute at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, has published a new article. His piece, Pop-Culture Diplomacy in Japan: Soft...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: April 14 - April 20
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles.
- 55 Batangueño Farmers Leave for Agri-Training in South Korea - Manila Bulletin
- More Cultural Exchanges Between China, Scotland - Xinhua News Agency
- In Omaha, Second Lady Karen Pence Says Importance of Sister Cities ‘Cannot Be Overstated’ - Omaha World-News
- Russian Students Get a Taste of the Southwest - The Daily Wildcat
- Australia’s Impact Entrepreneur Investor Ygap Opens Office in Kenya - Nairobi News
- Water From the Sun: Solar-Powered Water Pumps Offer African Farmers a Way Out of Poverty - Greentech Media
- Tech Firms Sign ‘Digital Geneva Accord’ Not to Aid Governments in Cyberwar - The New York Times
- Emmanuel Macron is Making France Great Again - The Spectator
- PD and the Decline of Liberal Democracy: The Case of Hungary - CPD Blog
- First Lady Diplomacy - CPD Blog
- Civil Society Fundraising in Belarus: Time To Go Local and Crowdfund? - Belarus Digest
- USAID, State, and DOD To Release First-Ever Stabilization Assistance Review - Devex
- As HMI Expands, Sights Set on Drawing Indian Visitors- The Japan Times
- Branding the Land of Ice and Fire - CPD Blog
- India Eyes Soybean Diplomacy With Beijing Amid China-US Trade War - NDTV
- The IMF and World Bank Must Evolve or Lose Their Place in the New World Order - City A.M.
- The Increased Importance of Cultural Diplomacy - Arab News
- Two Penn Professors Start Program for Philadelphia Students to Simulate Diplomacy in Latin America - The Daily Pennsylvanian
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Smartline (Exchange Diplomacy), Freepik (Corporate Diplomacy, Foreign Aid, Soft Power, Cultural Diplomacy, Youth Diplomacy), Eucalyp (Nation Branding) and Becris (Economic Diplomacy).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.