On June 4, 2014, Bruce Gregory published a new edition of his periodic public diplomacy reading list. Bruce’s List is a compilation of books, journal articles, papers, and blogs on a wide variety of topics within the...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: April 28 - May 4
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles (in bold below).
- Successful Use of Public Diplomacy: Lessons from Canada - Modern Diplomacy
- NATO-Georgia Public Diplomacy Forum Is Being Held in Tbilisi - Agenda.ge
- Turkey’s Public Diplomacy for Political Goals in the Balkan Region - Modern Diplomacy
- Going Global 2018: Knowledge Diplomacy Must Be Used to Enrich the Global Public Good - Times Higher Education
- How India Uses Public Diplomacy: Lessons for Pakistan - Modern Diplomacy
- How Powerful Is Saudi Arabia’s Soft Power Push? - Frieze
- Most Latin Americans Can’t Name a Chinese Singer. Why That’s Great for Beijing. - America's Quarterly
- Women Ambassadors Advise Students on Getting Ahead ‘In Man’s World’ - The Washington Diplomat
- Power of Youth - The Interpreter
- Foreign Service Stereotypes - CPD Blog
- Young Change-Makers Show the Impact of Soft Diplomacy - The Christian Science Monitor
- When America's Hottest Jazz Stars Were Sent to Cool Cold-War Tensions - The Guardian
- Buddha Diplomacy: Pakistan Uses Its Inter-Religious Past to Build Modern Ties - Global Village Space
- Japanese Whisky Has Never Been Hotter. Here’s What Makes It So Distinctive. - The Washington Post
- K-pop Standing Down: South Korea to Remove Speakers that Blasted North Korea for Decades - USA Today
- Mainstream Media Discrepancies Between the U.S. and the UK - CPD Blog
- U.S. Delegation of Museum Leaders Tours NYU Abu Dhabi Campus - The Gulf Today
- Floral Diplomacy: Celebrating Floriculture Industries of Netherlands and Sri Lanka - The Times Online
- Diplomacy Without Diplomats - The Atlantic
- Trump's 'America First' Doctrine and the Waning U.S. Hegemony - Independent Australia
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Soft Power, Youth Diplomacy, International Broadcasting, Cultural Diplomacy, Opinion Diplomacy), Smartline (Exchange Diplomacy) and Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.