Syracuse University Association of Public Diplomacy Scholars recently published the 2014 Exchange Journal of Public Diplomacy, “Public Diplomacy in Emerging Nations.” This issue aims to observe public diplomacy from a non-...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: Aug. 4 - 10
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles (in bold below).
- Global Ties for Alabama Make the World Safer - WHNT News
- Rethinking the Place of the Chinese Student at Australian Universities - Financial Review
- Youth From Around the World Leave Their Mark at Istanbul Art Event - Daily Sabah
- Young Leaders Competed to Change the World in 5 Minutes - Education Diary
- Students from Northern Ireland Secure U.S. Business Scholarships - The Irish News
- Mountain Climbing Diplomacy - Tufts Now
- Trilateralism via Tourism: Promote People-to-People Ties - The Himalayan Times
- UK Sees Record Tourism Growth in 2017 From India - ANI
- Can China Win the World’s Hearts by Showing It’s a Good Sport? - East Asia Forum
- Media the Three Ps of Nation Branding 2 - The Guardian
- Branding of Nigeria Air - The Sun
- In Crisis After Crisis, Israel Is Losing the Public Relations War. Is It Winnable? - Los Angeles Times
- Trump-Putin Summit Brought Media Exposure Worth €3.2 Billion to Helsinki - Helsinki Times
- The Korean Cultural Center in Beijing at Forefront of Soft Power Diplomacy - The Korea Times
- UK-US: "A Special Relationship"? - CPD Blog
- Russia Names Steven Seagal as a Goodwill Ambassador to the U.S. - The Washington Examiner
- Compassion and Good Neighborliness Define Ukranian Community's Relations Within Kazakhstan - The Astana Times
- Citizen Diplomacy: Indian, Pakastani Sing Both National Anthems Together - Urdu Point
- Report: Estonia Underestimating Scope of Russian-led Information Disorder - ERR
- Narratives of Intolerance in Hungary Part 1: Closing Media, Closing Minds - CPD Blog
- The Saudis Deliver a Sobering Lesson: In Diplomacy, Words Do Matter - The Globe and the Mail
- Tips for DFAT: How to Facebook - The Interpreter (The Lowy Institute)
- Lessons from Down Under: The Soft Power Dividend of Financial Crime Technical Assistance - RUSI
- World Bank to Fund Punjab’s ‘Green Growth’ Project - Dawn
- UAE Central to Middle East Role in China’s Jinping-backed Belt and Road - Construction Week Online
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Smartline (Exchange Diplomacy), Eucalyp (Nation Branding), Freepik (Soft Power, Global Dev), Good Ware (Countering Disinformation), Gregor Cesnar (Digital Diplomacy) and Becris (Economic Diplomacy).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.