The closing ceremony of the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics showcased a vast collection of Japanese soft power assets in a segment called “The Tokyo Show.” This started with an opening message of “Thank you,” performed by young...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: December 2 - 8
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles.
- OperaAbuja 2017…A Fertile Ground for Talent Development - The Guardian
- Baku to Host Exhibition of Greek Ambassador - AzerNews
- Performers Tighten Cultural Bond Between Thailand and Cambodia - The Nation
- Photo Exhibition on Vietnam-Laos Relations Opens in Vientiane - Vietnam News
- Germany Marks 25th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations with Azerbaijan - AzerNews
U.S. Dance Group Battery Dance to Perform in Five Indian Cities in January - Indian New England News
- ‘Gandhara Artifacts Fair Aimed at Fetching Tourists’ - The Nation
- 1st Panda Born in France Gets Name From China - ABC News
- A Cup of Japanese Culture - The Hindu
- British Council Teaches English to Sri Lankan Troops in Vanni - Tamil Guardian
- Paris to Host Japonismes 2018 Cultural Expo to Mark 160 Years of Diplomatic Ties - The Japan Times
- Nepal to Host International Conference on Climate Change - The Indian Express
- Women in Agriculture Can Help Achieve Ghana Beyond Aid - Ghana News Agency
- Ugandan Fashionistas Are Turning Trash Into Treasure to Reduce Waste - Konbini
- Science Diplomany and Nation Branding: UK-Russia Relations - CPD Blog
- Branding Singapore as a Talent Hotbed is a Passionate Goal - Asia Today
- Creative Economy Asset for Diplomacy, Could Play Role in Achieving SDGs - Jakarta Globe
- Women’s NGOs are Changing the World – and Not Getting Credit for It - The Conversation
- Israel Joins USAID’s Power Africa Energy Development Program - The Israel Times
- The EU is Wasting Money on Strategic Communications - CPD Blog
- Welcome to Israel's Capital - CPD Blog
- Hong Kong’s Education System Should Teach Children How to Be Diplomats - South China Morning Post
- Newseum Panel Discusses Future of Virtual Reality in Defense and Diplomacy - The Writer's Bloc
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Art Diplomacy, Cultural Diplomacy, Sustainability Diplomacy, Development Diplomacy, Corporate Diplomacy, Education Diplomacy, Smart Power), Eucalyp (Nation Branding) and Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy, People-to-People Diplomacy).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.