The closing ceremony of the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics showcased a vast collection of Japanese soft power assets in a segment called “The Tokyo Show.” This started with an opening message of “Thank you,” performed by young...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: January 13 - 19
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles.
- Cutting-Edge U.S. Embassy in London Opens Chock-Full of Art This Week - ArtFix Daily
- “Can Artists Really Save the World?” Panel Has No Easy Answers - The Queens University Journal
- Photo Exhibit on Donbas War Kicks Off at NATO HQ - Unian
- Morocco Wants to Add Malhoun Art to UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity - Morocco World News
- British Council on Evaluating Arts and Soft Power - CPD Blog
- Art Diplomacy Open Conversation to Highlight Importance of Arts Education in Transcending Cultural Boundaries - Long Beach Post
- Knowledge of Diplomacy Part III: The Mobility of Talent - CPD Blog
- Israeli Designers Really, Really Dislike Their Nation's 70th Independence Anniversary Logo - Quartzy
- DU Launches School for Transnational Affairs - Web India 123
- The Power of a Passport to Put a Country on the Map - The National
- World Public Opinion Charming to China - China.org.cn
- India, Israel to Ink Film Co-Production Agreement - United News of India
- VIDEO: North Korea's New Strategy: Pop-Star Diplomacy - Wall Street Journal
- Top El Salvador Honor for Al Kuwari for Cultural Efforts - The Gulf Times
- ‘Evan Hansen,’ Taylor Mac and Go-Go’s Musical on Tap at the Curran - San Francisco Chronicle
- As Trump Insults African Countries, China Actively Embraces Them - The Diplomat
- Petrostates, International Soccer and Soft Power - The Fuse
- North and South Korea Agree to Compete, March Together at Olympics - ABC News
- What Diplomats Can Learn From Journalists - CPD Blog
- What Is Digital Diplomacy and Why Indonesia Should Embrace It? - The Conversation
- Palestinian NGO Launches Campaign Against Child Arrests Made by Israeli Forces - Step Feed
- What Trump Needs to Know to Reform U.S. Broadcasting - The Hill
- Telemundo Launches Global Studio for Scripted Content - The Business Television
- It's Time to Elevate Travel as Citizen Diplomacy - The Huffington Post
- How Diplomacy Can Unlock Business Potential - Federal News Radio
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Art Diplomacy, Cultural Diplomacy, Soft Power, Corporate Diplomacy, Citizen Diplomacy, International Broadcasting), Eucalyp (Nation Branding) and Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.