The role of country images and knowledge of their constitution and effects is of major interest not only for scholars and professionals in the domain of public diplomacy, but also for various adjacent fields such as...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: July 7 - July 13
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles (in bold below).
Sharing the Art of Diplomacy - The Philippine Star
Chinese Media and Latin America: “Borrowing a Boat” to Set Sail - The Jamestown Foundation
Diplomacy Through Books - The Hindu
South African Media Delegation Visits Anadolu Agency - Anadolu Agency
The Terrorists' War on Education - American Enterprise Institute
- World Cup Gives Russia a Global Makeover, But How Long Will That Last? - The Los Angeles Times
America’s Craft Beer Diplomacy - The New York Times
Winners of ‘Kazakhstan Through the Eyes of Foreign Media’ Contest Announced - The Times of Central Asia
Now Brand Kenya Unveil Index to Brand Countries - Standard Digital
On July 12, 2018, The Soft Power 30 report and index was released by Portland Communications in partnership with CPD, to which some articles refer below.
- Soft Power: Culture As a Weapon of Influence - Africa News
- Singapore Slips a Notch to 21st in Global Ranking of Soft Power - Channel NewsAsia
- China’s Human Rights Record, Aggressive Military Expansion Damage Its Soft Power Rating - South China Morning Post
- Enhancing LA's Global Influence Through Technology - CPD Blog
- Philadelphia Welcomes Tunisian Diplomat to City's Consular Corps - NBC Philadelphia
- Taiwan Joins Global Forum on City Governance in Singapore - Focus Taiwan
- Reused and Reborn - The Indian Express
- Lagos to Host Over 200 Artists at ICAF 2018 - The Nation
- EU Film Festival in Nepal: Cultural Heritage Year of Europe - Telegraph Nepal
- UK Launches New Visas for Indian Scientists, Academics - Deccan Herald
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Educational Diplomacy, Soft Power, Art Diplomacy, Science Diplomacy, International Broadcasting), Eucalyp (Nation Branding) and Zlatko Najdennovski (City Diplomacy).