PD Happenings: May 26 - June 1
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles (in bold below).
- A Vision to Bring Glasses to the Developing World - The Telegraph
- Denmark Provides Loan for 100-MW Wind Farm in Ethiopia - Renewables Now
- France to Reopen Embassy in the Gambia, Pledges $58 Million Development Financing - Africanews
- China Says Its Space Station Belongs ‘To The World,’ Welcomes Cooperation - International Business Times
- New British Council Colombo Library to Open on June 2nd - ColomboPage
- Tanzanian Dancers Mesmerize - The Tribune
- Exhibition at FIT’s New Exhibition Space This Fall - WWD (Women's Wear Daily)
- Morocco in African Digital Development's Top Ten - Morocco World News
- Social Media Shaping Norms of Expression in the Arab World - Arab Weekly
- Place Branding Estonia - Transform Magazine
- There Is Growing Momentum to Adopt China’s Yuan as a Reserve Currency in Africa - Quartz
- Red Velvet's Bubblegum Pop Fine-tunes South Korean Diplomacy - Asia Times
- How Britain Can Remain a Soft Power Superpower After Brexit - The Conversation
- Foreign Aid Subject to Major Reforms - News in English
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Global Development, Art Diplomacy, Soft Power, Sports Diplomacy, Foreign Aid) and Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy).
Visit CPD's Online Library
Explore CPD's vast online database featuring the latest books, articles, speeches and information on international organizations dedicated to public diplomacy.