PD Happenings: May 5 - 11
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday.
- Using Fashion, Shaan-e-Pakistan Bridges Borders Between Pakistan and India - Dunya News
- Museums Should Be Avenues for Information Exchange—Möschel, Goethe-Institut - Daily Trust
- Positive Picture: Romanian Art Scene Grows, But Keeps Emerging Status - Business Review
- How Bollywood Is Giving Hollywood a Run for Its Money in China - South China Morning Post
- Use Culture To Strengthen Mercosur Ties - Policy Options Politques
- 'Museums Should Be Kept Out of Government Interference' British Museum's JD Hill says on Tracing Cultures Across Borders - CNN News18
- Japan's Soft Power: View From Russia - Modern Diplomacy
- Engaging Pyongyang With Soft Power - Modern Diplomacy
- How Vladimir Putin Became the World’s Favorite Dictator - The Washington Post
- The Popular TV Shows Taking Chinese Soft Power Abroad - Sixth Tone
- Five Ways To Sharpen the Effectiveness of Canada's Diplomatic Corps - CPD Blog
- Corker To Receive Inaugural Award for Public Diplomacy - Citizen Tribune
- VUFO (Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations) Honors Outgoing Polish Ambassador - Nhân Dân
- Israel Turns Directly To Iraqi Citizens - Arutz Sheva
- Why More Australian Winemakers Are Using Virtual Reality To Attract International Tourists - Australia Broadcasting Company
- Saudi Moroccan Soccer Spat Symbolizes the Arab World's New Politics - Eurasia Review
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Business Dubai (Cultural Diplomacy), Freepik (Soft Power, Citizen Diplomacy, Science Diplomacy, Sports Diplomacy, Foreign Aid) and Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy).