Koichi Iwabuchi, a professor of media and cultural studies and director of the Asia Institute at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, has published a new article. His piece, Pop-Culture Diplomacy in Japan: Soft...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: September 29 - October 6
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles.
- Next Level Sends American Hip-Hop Artists Abroad to Foster Connections - The Washington Diplomat
- German Unity Day Celebrated in Ho Chi Minh City - Nhan Dan
- Showcasing the Best of Taiwan - Manila Standard
- Former Czech Bookstore in London to Turn into Gallery - Prague Daily Monitor
- Spotlight on Maori Culture in Los Angeles - Rotorua
- US Lawmakers Push for Venezuela Aid - Venezuela Analysis
- Borno: 7,169 Teachers Trained by USAID on Shettima’s Request - Vanguard
- Armed with Smartphones and Boots, Niger Youths Map Flood Risks - Daily Mail
- Stanford Launches Research Center Focused on Global Poverty and Development - Stanford News
- Africare Receives USAID Award for Innovation - Daily Observer
- Alumni Gather to Share Life-Changing Experiences - Borneo Bulletin
- An International Art Camp Promoting the Spirit of Friendship and Multiculturalism - Sunday Guardian Live
- Cultural Exchange: The Intangible Benefits - CPD Blog
- AIR to Expand Global Services; To Cover Japan, Germany, Canada - Outlook India
- Catalan Referendum Covered Worldwide - Rapid TV News
- Branding a Nation with Passion - The Newpaper
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Freepik (Hands, Radio Tower, Woman Op-Ed Voice, Picture, Buildings), Eucalyp (Boombox, Tourism Globe), Smartline (Arrows).