The Power of Music Diplomacy
Headlines in this week's PD News roundup looked at the use of music diplomacy around the world. The Tanzanian group, Jagwa Music, is bringing the sounds of its culture to the U.S., while Rihanna and Australia's former prime minister partnered up at the Global Citizen music festival to tackle a worldwide education initiative. Other headlines explored a musical exchange program to support cross-cultural communication, the use of K-Pop to increase tourism and interest in a city in South Korea, and the need for reforms in the Cuban rap scene.
- The State, Cuban rap, and the state of Cuban rap - CPD Blog
- Forget Gagnam style K-Pop could make Changdong Seoul's next big thing - CNN
- Tanzanian group Jagwa Music set for U.S. tour this year - Broadway World
- OneBeat brings cultural diplomacy to Timucua in the form of international music collaboration - Orlando Weekly
- Julia Gillard and Rihanna seal their friendship onstage at the Global Citizen Festival - Newscastle Herald
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.
Photo by Pixabay