When technology and diplomacy collide
This week's PD News roundup looks at the use of technology in public diplomacy. Students at Stanford University are using technology for defense and diplomacy, while foreign embassies are connecting with Chinese audiences using the social media platform Weibo. Other headlines looked at a New York-based software development firm setting up campuses across Africa to recruit talent, an online forum translating Chinese literature for readers all over the world, and an Israeli entrepreneur bringing Israel's innovative technology to Africa.
- A jump start for Africa's new generation of tech talent - ShareAmerica
- Chinese online literature goes to world - China.org.cn
- Digital Diplomacy: These foreign embassies are most (un)popular on Weibo - What's on Weibo
- Spreading Israeli tech throughout Africa, Sivan Ya'ari transforms the lives of millions - NoCamels
- U.S. students are hacking the government to solve the world's problems - The Star
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.