The CPD Winter Institute in Public Diplomacy is a one-week training program designed to sharpen skillsets and analytical capabilities essential for success in today’s public diplomacy practice. It focuses on developing a robust toolkit for audience analysis as the basis for public diplomacy engagement and exploring next-generation content creation strategies and tactics for greater impact.
We have over 15 years of experience in public diplomacy professional training, which is tailored toward those who wish to develop their leadership skills through a knowledge base of innovative and creative new resources. Close to #500 individuals have participated in our training programs and this strong alumni network has contributed to peer-to-peer learning.
Session A: December 7-11, 2020, USC, Los Angeles
Session B: January 4-8, 2021, USC, Los Angeles
- Foundational Principles for the Future of Public Diplomacy
- Integrating Data and Storytelling in Public Diplomacy Strategy and Planning
- Segmentation Analysis for Public Diplomacy Strategy
- Multi-Platform Social Listening
- Network Analysis
- Mapping Stakeholders and Influencers
- Public Diplomacy Campaign Strategy and Measurement: Theory of Change
- Narrative Strategies of Public Diplomacy
- Creating Social Stories: PD Strategy through Engaging Narratives
- AI and Bots for Public Diplomacy
- Telling Stories in a Networked Culture: Lessons from Entertainment
$3,850 per person inclusive of course materials and some meals.
$3,500 per person for three or more from the same organization and inclusive of course materials and some meals.
How to Apply
Upon submission of your application, you will receive notification of receipt and a general time frame of the decision process. There is a rolling admissions process and applicants will be notified as soon as a decision is made. Once accepted, deadlines for submitting the non-refundable deposit, campaign submission requirements, and final payment instructions.