Pop Culture and PD in 2016
Dec 23, 2016
The intersections of popular culture and public diplomacy were particularly compelling in 2016. A look back at some highlights:
- History is Happening: Hamilton and American Rebranding by Yesenia Vargas. On the soft power potential of Lin-Manuel Miranda's musical Hamilton.
- Meet the Author: Eric Bennett. An interview with the author of Workshops of Empire: Stegner, Engle, and American Creative Writing during the Cold War.
- Q&A with Martin Roth. CPD asked the outgoing director of London's V&A Museum about the future of cultural diplomacy.
- Spotify: Music for Awareness. The PD Digital team on using playlists as a tool for awareness and advocacy.
- Finding Common Ground from Pakistan to New Orleans by Shearon Roberts. On radio's power to connect publics around the world.
Image by Mud Mile Communications, via Vimeo