This program offers USC graduate students, especially those enrolled in the USC Master of Public Diplomacy degree program, direct exposure to the academic and practical field of public diplomacy. Selected students assist CPD staff and Research Fellows with various ongoing research projects.
Standard requirements for all research internships at CPD:
• Current USC graduate student status
• Excellent conceptual and empirical research capability, writing and communications skills (in English)
• Reliable and professional work ethic
• Self-starter motivated to work independently and be regularly available for consultation with CPD staff and USC CPD Research Fellows
• Strong interest research topic at hand
• Experience with qualitative research methodology, networking and interviews
• Experience and literacy using social media platforms
Current Open Positions:
- Research Assistant for the "Evolving Views of U.S. Foreign Policy Among Arab Citizens" Project. To learn more and apply, click here.
- Research Assistant for the "How Are Attitudes towards China Formed in Pakistan? Analysis of Beijing’s Public Diplomacy in the Context of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor" Project. To learn more and apply, click here.
- For a list of all current CPD internships, click here.