This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources. Follow #...KEEP READING
PD Happenings: July 14 - 20
This Week in PD is a weekly curated selection of public diplomacy-relevant news from a global cross-section of English-language media outlets, including independent, corporate-owned and state-sponsored sources.
Follow #TWiPD on Twitter Friday-Sunday for featured articles (in bold below).
- Innovation and Digital Diplomacy Become Necessity - Antara News
- Safe Travel App Launched for Guiding Indonesians Traveling Abroad - Netral News
- Exhibition Pays Tribute to 200 Years of Thai-U.S. Ties - The Nation
- German-Japanese Dialogue on Digital Transformation - University World News
- Why There Are So Many Japanese Emoji - BBC
- Digital Diplomacy Myths - CPD Blog
- World Tourism Day Places Focus on Innovation & Digital Transformation - Modern Diplomacy
On July 12, 2018, The Soft Power 30 report and index was released by Portland Communications in partnership with CPD, to which some articles refer below.
- China Learns a Very American Lesson on the Importance of ‘Public Diplomacy’ - South China Morning Post
- 'Soft Power' Index Says PM Jacinda Ardern a Factor in NZ's International Sway - New Zealand Herald
- K-pop Is Now So Universally Beloved That Even Algerians Speak a Little Korean - Quartz
- How Canada Can Attract International Talent and Improve Knowledge Exchange - University Affairs
- Pokémon, Toyota Mean Japan Wields Greatest Soft Power in Asia - The Asian Correspondent
- State Governors Delve into Foreign Diplomacy on Trade War - The Associated Press
- China's Floating Hospital Helping Win Hearts and Minds in an Increasingly Contested Pacific - ABC News
- Israeli NGO Goes Undercover to Help Syrians Fleeing Civil War - i24 News
- Fighting Ebola with Public Diplomacy - CPD Blog
- 25 Young Africans Learn Business Skills in Summer Program Through the University of Iowa - The Gazette
- ‘Crayon Diplomacy’ in Taiwan - The Diplomat
- Creating a ‘Value Economy’ for the European Cultural Sector - Government Europa Quarterly
- Documentaries, Rom-Coms – and Tentative First Steps in a New Era of Sino-British Film Collaboration - The Conversation UK
Icons are courtesy of Flat Icon Basic License and are attributed to the following creators: Gregor Cresnar (Digital Diplomacy) and Freepik (Soft Power, Humanitarian Aid, Citizen Diplomacy, Corporate Diplomacy, Global Dev).